Thursday, January 3, 2013

Goodbye 2012, Hello 2013

2012 has been exceedingly kind to me. There are many things to be grateful for on the business front.

I've had opportunities to meet new clients and complete interesting projects. My clients are fun, interesting, adventurous and prompt payers (in fact, some of them urge me to invoice them before I even intend to). They understand, without me even saying it, that small businesses have limited cash flow.

When I started, I wasn't even sure if there was a demand for copywriters that I only registered my company for one year. This year, upon expiry, I renewed the license for 3 years. Not the full 5 years allowed, simply because I do hope to convert this business into a Sdn Bhd eventually.

I've learnt  from my clients that there sorely lack good copywriters in the market (the same as, I believe, good designers) and the good ones tend not to get recognized except for a few. I aim, eventually, to have a large group of skilled writers who look beyond the words on the computer screen, be able to analyse the context that make these words some important, and that their skills are duly recognised and valued (read: paid what they are worth). I've met talented (experienced and aspiring) writers and designers, whom I hope will persevere to see the local industries recognise their worth.

So, 2012 has come and gone without the expected doomsday occurring, but as harbinger of good things to come. I ended it by finishing an online florist website - Pureseed, www.pureseed.com.my (another wonderful client!) and start 2013 with a name development project for one of my very first clients - Kytera. If there was a good time to be a writer, it is now!

No comments:

Post a Comment